Monday, September 5, 2011

rise and shine...it's taco time

This cool morning called for making some yummy breakfast. I had to run to Whole Foods to pick up a few things and saw there breakfast burritos (that James and I love!) I figured I was better off buying the ingredients to save a few pennies! So here is what we are putting together...

Here is the basic-
Whole Foods organic tater tots (2-4 per burrito)
Eggs 
cheese
Bacon(we used 2 strips and cut up little pieces between 3 burritos)
Whole Wheat tortillas 
salsa

Optional add ons-
mild italian breakfast sausage
bell peppers 

If you are ever looking to make these for a group or having friends over for breakfast, it is great to wrap them in foil and put them in your crockpot on low. It will keep them nice and warm for when you are ready to serve. 

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware this is not my usual granola and yogurt breakfast, but such a yummy treat for a day off! Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day!! 

Oh, and if you do not feel like making your own I highly recommend Whole Foods or Torchy's Tacos breakfast burritos in Dallas! Both great places for a yummy and cheap breakfast taco! 

No comments:

Post a Comment