Tuesday, December 13, 2011

36 weeks

I cannot believe that time is flying like this. Technically from the beginning of my pregnancy with a due date of January 14th I would be 35 1/2 weeks today, but she continues to measure a week ahead (and since I charted I have always thought I was a week further along than the initial guess) therefor 36 weeks in my opinion. 

I have been so bad about keeping up with pictures the last month. It seems like getting ready for maternity leave along with the holidays has seemed a little crazy, although I really love this time of year. Looking back at my pictures from my baby shower 5 weeks ago, I cannot believe how much I/Ella has grown. I remember thinking it was impossible to get any bigger....hahahaha....boy, was I wrong! 

This past weekend James and I installed the car seat, set up the pack and play, and organized like crazy. He has been such a trooper and helped so much. I am so thankful for his patience with all of my nesting! We have officially finished all of our birthing classes and feel so ready (or at least as ready as you can feel to completely change your life) for her to be here. We can't wait to hold our sweet baby girl!!!

As for how I am feeling, I really can't complain. I have been very blessed with a pregnancy that has gone very smoothly for the most part. I have definitely had the sleepless nights, the sitting on the couch and having to readjust every 5 minutes to get comfortable, and the other lovely things that come with being pregnant, but overall she is healthy and we are so grateful for that. Although, I am looking forward to sleeping on my stomach again one day.....

Her movements have been so fun to experience and I love how active she is, even if that means a few rib jabs every now and then. She loves to move around after lunch, when I am reading my kids a story at school, and anytime at night. She moves a ton when James talks with her which has been one of the sweetest memories I think I will have of this pregnancy! I am so amazed at how God allows me to carry a baby and the beauty of how she is growing! 

Here is a realistic picture of 36 weeks. Sweats & No make-up. 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and I will try to keep a couple of updates on the blog as they come. Yay for 3 more days of work. I will miss my 22 babies so much, but can't wait to meet our baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment