Wednesday, July 13, 2011

fruit pizzas and chocolate heaven

For the 4th of July we made some really yummy desserts and I forgot I actually remembered to take pictures. We were bringing 2 desserts with us to a pool party and wanted to do one super easy recipe and one homemade. So I made mini fruit pizzas (which are always one of my favorites) and Pioneer Woman's Texas Sheet Cake (but in cupcakes for easier travel). 

For the first I used basic store bought sugar cookie dough and cream cheese icing. Then grabbed some bright fruit and went with strawberries and blueberries to be 4th of Julyish. In the past I usually thrown in kiwi, pineapple, or any fruit at all. If you have the time it is worth make these homemade sometime, but for this day I had to mix it up!


Then for the Texas Sheet Cake I made them into cupcakes to avoid the mess when serving and for easier travel (since we were driving 30 minutes in Texas heat to get there). I can honestly say this was one of the best chocolate cakes I have ever had. I have had Texas Sheet Cake before and the Pioneer Woman recipe is the best (in my opinion). I got the recipe from her cookbook, but you can also find it online here

Also it looks like batter in the picture, but that is actually the amazing icing you pour on top right after they come out of the oven. The icing hardens and you have a super yummy cupcake. If you have been itching to bake something, go make this now...I promise you will not be disappointed!



Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday and baking something yummy this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment