Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hudson 3 months and Update

Well since having 2 kids has kept me pretty busy lately, I have dropped the ball in perfect second child syndrome by not posting anything since Hudson was born. What a whirlwind this little man has been and what a sweet addition to our family! I can't imagine life without him! I figured I would post a few days early for his 3 month and give an overall update. 

Hudson...my sweet little guy could not be more different than Ella was as a baby. Coming into having my second, I will be honest, I really thought this would be an easy transition, that I knew what I was doing. The Lord definitely gave me a sweet boy who had major tummy issues, nursing problems from day 1, ended up on formula (which better have tiny pieces of gold in it), and prefers to not nap during the day unless being held. With all of that said, he smiles so much and snuggles like nobodies business. He is a momma's boy through and through and has shown me that I can only do this mom thing if I am deeply trusting and relying on the one who created him. Hudson has reminded me that my plan does not always work and sometimes I have to majorly slow down and just go with the flow. I have learned that it may look like we have been robbed several times during the week and that pre-made dinners are a huge blessing with 2 kids(even if Central Market is the one who pre-made them). I have learned that there is no metal for when you make it through Target without getting bodily fluids on you or someone melting down like they are being attacked by ants, so make the best of it and leave if you need to leave. I have learned that there is absolutely nothing wrong with putting your baby on formula and that does not mean you gave up. That it is okay to mourn the loss of making it a year, but put on your big girl panties and be grateful for modern medicine and formula that makes your baby feel so much better. There is so much this little guy has taught me...the list could go on. 

As for 3 months, he is really starting to look like a baby and less like a newborn. He is eating 5-6 times a day and sleeping from 7:30ish to 7:30ish. Right now getting him down at night requires a little extra love but he is usually asleep by 8-8:15 and wakes up somewhere around 7:30. Every now and then he will wake up once, but we can usually pat his bottom a little and he is back to sleep. Sleeping through the night literally happened out of nowhere with very little progression about a week and a half ago. Before that he was waking up every 3 1/2 - 4 hours, so this is a great change! Hudson loves tummy time right after he eats and is usually all smiles. He is rolling over from his tummy to his back and has recently found his thumb. He still likes his paci if mommy and daddy are helping hold it in when he is being rocked, otherwise, he finds his thumb. 

Hudson just had his first Christmas and I am sure he is exhausted from watching his sister play non-stop. He also had his first tea party with Ella, she insisted that Hudson got to have some tea. I hope they always love to play together and that they are very close. 

Here are some other pics of our precious little man...
 This was from early on...hard to grab a pic with a toddler and a newborn!
 Hudson loves was all smiles in the car with Mommy and Nana! 
 Snuggles while sister played at school. 
 Hudson's first Christmas!
 Um, what....is Ella smiling? It was a sweet gift from God that she literally looked at the camera and smiled! Love this busy girl and that squishy little baby!
4 days away from being 3 months old! He sure is darn handsome!

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year. I will be back soon to post about Ella's 2nd birthday. That is of course if I can stop bawling my eyes out that this girl is getting so big!

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! And I love the part about your house looking like you've been robbed! I need to be better about getting over that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! I was hoping you would be able to answer a question about your blog! I'm Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete