Wednesday, April 4, 2012

goodbye maternity leave

Today is officially my last day on Maternity Leave. How do I almost have a 3 month old? How does her delivery seem SO long ago? How does it feel like I don't even remember what it was like to be 9 months pregnant and counting down each day before she arrived?

Since I love a good sleeping pic I though I would show you how much she has grown with some of my favorites... Here she is a few days old...

 And now my big girl...(look at those cheeks!)



I can honestly say that my life is filled with more joy each day having Ella around and I am so humbled that God picked me to be her mommy. My maternity leave was absolutely wonderful. I will miss our morning snuggles and naps, our 9am Starbucks runs that went from a crying baby in the drive-thru to one that doesn't stop talking and cooing, our infinite number of Target runs, our lunch dates with Nana, afternoon walks, playdates, and all of the sweet smiles and cuddles. I am so thankful that God has provided a wonderful woman who will be with Ella while I finish out the school year with my 22 other babies. I am grateful to end the year with such a sweet class, but feel very confident about our family's choice for me to stay home in the Fall. 

So, adios Maternity Leave! Come June 1st I will be a stay at home momma and maybe we will get in a 9 am Starbucks run every now and then. 

Here is us cuddling yesterday...we have been soaking up the snuggles...


This is another random picture I just had to share. They look like twins. 

We are so lucky to have Ella and I am looking forward to what God will teach me through this next stage and looking forward to being home with my baby girl full time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment