Wednesday, June 15, 2011

great summer treat

After Amanda and Kory's wonderful wedding, wrapping up the school year, and spending a week in North Carolina with my sweet Young Life girls I am back in the swing. It is so nice that summer is finally here and I am trying to take advantage of my days off and making something yummy as much as possible. Since I have most of the day on Wednesdays and Fridays my goal is to try and make something each of those days. 

For today, I wanted to make a great summer treat (and something yummy for James to have when he gets home from work). I decided to make Kaki's Toffee Apple Dip. I took a wonderful cooking class this past semester through my church and they ended the series with a cookbook compiled of fabulous recipes from women in the church. This recipe came from that book and here it is...

Kaki's Toffee Apple Dip
1/4 c powdered sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 block of cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup heath toffee bits

Combine the first 4 ingredients then mix in the toffee bits. Serve with apples and you have a really yummy and sweet treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment